Have you ever tried rowing a boat? You might be aware of the benefits of rowing – it is excellent for your upper body, sides, and your core.
The hands are constantly moving back and forth which engages the shoulder, arms, core, and back. It’s difficult to go out for a boating tour every day, but there’s a solution.
You can purchase a rowing machine and get a good workout for the day. Did you know that rowing machines have been around since the 70s? That’s true!
Rowing machines, also called ergometers are usually overlooked when it comes to workout sessions. Usually, treadmills or elliptical trainers steal the show at a gym. However, if you are aware of how beneficial a rowing machine can be, you would invest in a good one for your all-around workout requirements.
A rowing machine improves your overall stamina and also helps in weight loss. If you are new to workouts, the rowing machine will not be very challenging to use. In fact, it is suitable for all.
A rowing machine can provide a full-body workout at a low intensity, making it suitable for a wide category of people from beginners to athletes. We have collected a list of rowing machines you can use at your home.
Are you ready to skim through the list? Let’s get started!
The Best Rowing Machines for Home in Australia
Here’s a complete list of all the best rowing machines you can buy for your home.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5801Rowing Machines
Machine rowers SF-RW5801 by Sunny Health and Fitness come with ergonomic foot pedals with adjustable straps and a slip-resistant handlebar that makes your workout comfortable. The oversized seating can hold up to 285 lbs. It is a magnetic rower which requires almost nil maintenance. They are also foldable and you can store them compactly at the corner of your house, saving up lots of space. You can check your vital statistics using the in-built spm monitor. It also has provisions such as device holders, 12-level adjustable resistance, bottle holders, etc.
Reasons to buy
- Low maintenance required.
- Foldable and space-saving.
- 12-level adjustable resistance to increase workout intensity.
SereneLife Digital Folding Rowing Machines
The SereneLife Digital Folding Rowers come with 8-level resistance so that you can adjust the intensity of the workout as per your requirement. The LCD digital monitor gives accurate measurements. The pedal-style footrest and comfortable handgrip provide ergonomic support. The material is made of a durable, metal frame that has a capacity of 220 lbs. They are portable and you can fold them and take them with you outdoors for a change of environment. They also come with a lab-tested safety certificate, so you can rely on their durability and safety.
Reasons to buy
- The ergonomic design of footrest, handgrip, and seat.
- They are portable and foldable.
- Lab-tested safety certificate.
JCCOZ-URG Starry Sky Home Rowing Machine
The starry sky rowing machine is a perfect home workout equipment. It is suitable for all the family members and is safe to operate. It has anti-skid features with a sliding soft seat, ergonomically designed for different types of users. There is also a safety belt and other anti-skid provisions. The rowing machine is made with aluminum alloy, ensuring durability. Since they are foldable and light-weight, they are convenient to store and use. The machine has in-built noise reduction capabilities so that you can work it out without disturbing the rest of your family members. You can contact customer service to clear all your queries and complaints if there are any.
Reasons to buy
- Foldable, portable, and lightweight.
- Noise reduction capabilities.
- Safety features, suitable for all adult family members.
soges Rowing Machine Indoor Rower Exercise Machine
With soges rowing machines, you can get the real-life simulation of rowing action, ensuring a quick-fix full-body workout at home. They have a novel design with a steel frame and perfect seating adjustment. They are foldable, easy to clean and require low maintenance on your part. The digital monitors can display your vitals and workout targets you have achieved. The manufacturers also provide 24X7 customer service to tend to all your concerns. The machine also has noise reduction capability, making the workouts more pleasing audibly.
Reasons to buy
- Novel design, durable with steel frame.
- Noise reduction capability.
- Digital monitoring of workout and vitals.
YFFSS Hydraulic Rowing Machine
The YFFSS rowing machines provide high-quality machines at affordable prices. The product is made of an aluminum frame, ensuring durability. They are easy to store, use, and clean. You can fold them and store them away, which comes in handy if you have less space in your home gym. The equipment can provide good cardio work out and the exercise requires the working of multiple muscles. Unlike other workout machines like treadmills, which focus on muscles in specific parts of the body, the rowing machine will give a full-body workout. There is an adjustable resistance, so you can increase the intensity if you are not a beginner. The multi-function screen provides information related to your workout which can help you monitor and make improvements to your regimen.
Reasons to buy
- It is made of an aluminum frame, durable, and easy to use.
- Foldable design.
- There is a multi-function screen with detailed information about your workout.
Everfit Rower Exercise Machine
The rowing machine has 8 adjustable resistance-levels and an ergonomic design. Besides, you fold them and keep them aside after your use. The row length of 130 cm and durable foot straps offers you a comfortable workout session. The pulling straps have great tensile strength, so you can bid your safety concerns goodbye and use the product safely. The handgrips are adjustable, so you can change their length depending on your comfort. They also have noise cancellation, so you won’t end up irritating co-habitants or neighbors. The LCD has all the required readings about your workout. You can increase or decrease the intensity of your workout as per the requirement. They are suitable for indoor home gyms and have a capacity of about 150 kg. There is also a one-year warranty, so you can contact the maintenance team in case of any complaints.
Reasons to buy
- There is 8-level adjustable resistance.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Ergonomic design.
Quick Buying Guide for Prospective Buyers
Before buying any product, it is advisable to check the buying guide. It gives you an idea about what you should look for in the product.
Here’s a list of things to consider when buying a rowing machine.
- Size – Check the size of the product. Is it large enough? It should be large enough so that you can straighten the legs and maintain a good form. Once again, the size will also be dependent on how much space you have in your home.
- Resistance – A rowing machine has different types of resistance which includes air, magnetic, hydraulic, and water. What is your pick?
- Weight capacity – If you are over 250 pounds, you have to choose a product that can support at least 260 pounds+. Moreover, you should always pick a product with a higher weight capacity.
- Foldability – Some of the rowing machines can be folded (hydraulic or magnetic). It helps you to store the machine efficiently. Water and air resistance machines are not as easy to store. Many buyers consider easy storage as one of the most important factors when buying a rowing machine. But, different strokes for different folks.
- Seat – The seat should be large and contoured. It has to be comfortable for your back. After all, you would need to maintain proper body form. If the seat is not comfortable, you might want to hop off too early. It should be easy on your back.
- Monitor – The next thing you need to consider is the computer/monitor. It will track the duration, distance, speed, and the number of calories burnt during the workout.
Note -We suggest you to buy the product from Amazon. The reason why you should choose this platform is because it has all the details regarding the ratings and reviews. Moreover, returns and refunds are easier.
Rowing machines are a great addition to your home gym. They can give a proper full-body workout at the cost of one machine. They are also good for improving your cardio-vascular functioning. However, as a beginner, try not to overexert initially. Similarly, some rowers report back pain after using the machines. It is due to improper posture and use of the machine. So, you can check with your trainer on how to exercise properly on a rowing machine before proceeding.
You are already ahead of your workout regimen since you have identified how useful rowing machines are when it comes to exercising. Your next step is to invest in a good quality rowing machine and choosing one will be a cake-walk now that you have read the list.